Today was an amazing experience in my 3d printing journey.
We have this sink in our bathroom without a drain stopper. I tried to buy one but the sink is old and fickle and none ever worked. It has a narrow diameter and needed to be longer than any I could find……Challenge Accepted.
My goal today was to design and print a replacement….ready….GO!
Now, we have another similar sink that does have a stopper in place, so I removed it and started sketching up a blue print with measurements.
I then loaded up Tinkercad and started forming my design. I’m still getting used to Tinkercad’s layout and tools as well as learning how to make them work in my favor. 😀
I split the model I to two pieces because I was a little hesitant on if I could build it so tall. It was fun figuring out a way to connect the two pieces together.
I tried a new setting for the first time. I printed the pieces on a raft to help with adhesion. And though a little problem with overhang, it printed!!!
I did attempt some post-print finishing with spray paint but in the end (after a few hours of going in circles) scraped it.
This is just so amazing. To think something up and design what you need. To create right before your eyes. And even better is when it is a useful print that brings along a benefit in some way. I love the trinkety things I have and will still print, but this was such a satisfying undertaking and I am just amazing that such technology exists and is available right at our fingertips!